This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 1 1/4 cups whole grain baking mix
- 2 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup low fat buttermilk
- 1/4 teaspoons ground allspice (or cinnamon works)
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Wrap sweet potato in a paper towel. Microwave on high until soft, 4 minutes. Scoop flesh into a bowl and mash; set aside.
- Place baking mix and butter in a bowl; rub butter into mix with fingertips until large pea-sized crumbs form. Add sweet potato, buttermilk and allspice; mix until just combined.
- Drop dough by big spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet (making eight total).
- Bake until biscuits are firm to the touch, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Once cool, store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Bake biscuits as directed. Cool completely. Place in freezer safe bag or container for up to 3 months.
Wrap biscuits in damp paper towel and heat in microwave for 20-30 seconds.