Freezer meal cooking can be the key to eating healthier for the whole family. Here are 70+ of our favorite healthy freezer meals that all ages will love.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Here’s our full disclosure.
As working moms with three kids each at home, Polly and I know the life of a busy parent and the struggle to feed everyone healthy, homemade meals. It’s easy to slip into fixing the family unhealthy convenience foods. Let’s face it. Making dinner with a whiny toddler on your leg or while breaking up fights between the kids isn’t exactly fun. That’s where healthy freezer meals come in.
After freezer cooking for over a decade now, we jokingly refer to ourselves as “freezer meal evangelists” these days. Not only have we seen the benefits in our own homes, but after blogging about it for years, writing a cookbook called From Freezer to Table, and leading numerous freezer cooking seminars now, we’ve had the joy of hearing story after story of others who have successfully made dinnertime less stressful, healthier, and more enjoyable.
Why should I make freezer meals?
Freezer cooking has transformed the way we grocery shop, cook, and eat over the past 10+ years. Preparing healthy freezer meals has so many benefits:
- Saves money by buying in bulk and avoiding eating out.
- Cuts down on time in the kitchen by prepping meals with the same ingredients at one time. Browning ground beef? Chopping veggies? Making soup? Why not double or triple it and then utilize the freezer? You save time on prep and clean up.
- Helps you eat wholesome, delicious meals at home regularly.
- Reduces dinnertime stress while bringing your family together around the table. This is what freezer cooking is really all about!
What is a healthy freezer meal?
In these 70+ healthy freezer meal recipes below, you’ll see our real food philosophy represented. We aren’t about diets, eating low-fat foods, or cutting out food groups. We are about cooking tasty, homemade food and eating all things in moderation. We’re also about cooking with as many unprocessed, organic and/or local ingredients as possible and including a variety of:
- vegetables and fruit
- whole grains
- local, organic, and/or grass-fed meats (that’s why we’re big fans of Butcher Box*)
- healthy fats (i.e. EVOO, avocado oil, coconut oil, grass-fed butter, and organic dairy)
By simply making homemade meals for your family, you are cutting out loads of sodium, sugar, simple carbs, and harmful trans-fats that come from fast food and store-bought convenience foods. You control what goes in your food. Plus, you’ll be motivated to grab what’s on hand rather than going out to eat.
How do I make and store healthy freezer meals?
Check out these popular freezer cooking posts to get started right with freezer cooking:
- 6 No-Fail Steps for Making Delicious Freezer Meals
- 4 Best Ways to Package and Store Freezer Meals
- 3 Safe Ways to Thaw Freezer Meals
- How to Throw a Freezer Cooking Party
- How to Start a Freezer Club
70+ Healthy Freezer Meals
We are pumped to share our 70+ favorite healthy freezer meal recipes in one post. Freezing instructions are included at the end of each recipe. Please share your successes, tips, or questions in the comments. We’re here to help (and genuinely love to)!
Breakfast Freezer Meals
Beef Freezer Meals
Chicken Freezer Meals
Pork Freezer Meals
Soup Freezer Meals
Slow Cooker Freezer Meals
Instant Pot Freezer Meals
Seafood Freezer Meals
Pasta and Pizza Freezer Meals
Vegetarian Freezer Meals
If you like these healthy freezer meal recipes, we know you’ll love our debut cookbook, From Freezer to Table. Grab a copy of From Freezer to Table at your local bookstore or on Amazon and other online book outlets here.Print
Try our 70+ Healthy Freezer Meals to make dinner time simple and delicious. These make-ahead recipes have been tested and approved by our families and our freezer club friends. From breakfast to beef to chicken to vegetarian recipes, every single one includes freezer meal instructions.