This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- 3 cups diced peeled sweet potatoes (about 2 medium ones)
- 3 cups diced peeled russet potatoes (about 2 medium ones)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 2 tablespoons plain cream cheese
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley, crushed in hand
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Place diced sweet potatoes and russet potatoes in large pot of cold water and turn on high heat. Bring to a boil, turn down heat and simmer for about 5-10 minutes, until potatoes are fork tender. Drain in a colander over the sink and return to pot.
- Add butter/oil, cream cheese, chicken broth, milk, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parsley. Gently stir until cream cheese is melted and incorporated.
- Mash with a potato masher to desired consistency. Taste and adjust seasoning, as needed.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
After cooking and cooling, freeze in an air tight container for up to 3 months.
Thaw in the refrigerator or defrost in the microwave. Warm in the microwave or slow cooker on low after thawing. You may have to add a bit more liquid (milk or chicken broth) after reheating, if too dry.