Well you probably already know what I’m going to tell you considering you had to scroll over my picture of potatoes cooking in the crock pot.
But in case you are moving a little slow today, I’m here to tell you that you can bake potatoes in the crock pot. I’ve tried it and it works great. This little mom hack solves a lot of problems:
1) Having a hot oven running for over an hour in the middle of summer.
2) If you’re not going to be around an hour before dinner to put the potatoes in the oven to cook.
3) If your oven is already going to have something baking in it and doesn’t have room for potatoes.
Let the crock pot solve all your problems and more!
OK maybe not more. I’m in a sales pitch mode and it just came out. I’m going to stop my pitch now and share how to do it. Happy Slow-Cooking!
Oh, and feel free to season up your potatoes before wrapping them in foil. Some like to drizzle some olive oil or add a little salt.
Crock pot potatoes are a great alternative to heating up your house with the oven. Cover them with a little salt and olive oil and you have the most delicious side dish!
- 3–5 Russet Potatoes
- salt, olive oil *optional for putting on potatoes before wrapping in foil
- After washing and drying each potato, prick them a few times with a fork.
- Wrap each potato in foil.
- Cook in crock pot on low heat for about 6-8 hours or until soft. Mine took 6 hours but my slow cooker seems to cook things faster.