I LOVE recipes that make your house smell good – especially in the fall and winter time. There is just something so comforting about your home being filled with the wonderful smells of home cooking. I am totally partial to recipes that I know are going to do just that.
I’m excited to share this crock pot baked apple recipe with you not only because it will make your house smell AWESOME all day but because they taste SO good! This recipe is also packed with healthy, natural ingredients but could easily be served as a dessert. Lastly, it’s easy to assemble! All you have to do to cook them is put them in a slow cooker and walk away.
This recipe for slow cooker baked apples is packed with healthy, natural ingredients that could easily be served as a dessert. How can you beat that?
- 5–6 medium to large green apples
- ¼ cup raisins
- ¼ cup honey
- 1/4 walnuts or pecans
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- Using an apple corer or paring knife, cut around the core, leaving about half an inch at the bottom. Remove as much of the core and seeds as possible.
- Mix together raisins, honey, nuts, cinnamon, and butter.
- Spread mixture evenly into each of the apples.
- Place in crock pot and cook in 1/2 inch of water for 4 hours on low or until apples are soft all the way through.