Although this sweet bread is made with 100% whole wheat (thanks to the light texture of the white whole wheat variety), it is still light, moist, and incredibly flavorful. Serve a slice warmed up with a little butter or cream cheese on top for breakfast or a snack.Print
Whole Wheat Cinnamon Applesauce bread is deliciousness by the slice. Prepare to fall in love.
- 1 1/2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 1/2 – 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup avocado oil (or vegetable oil)
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar (I use unrefined turbinado sugar)
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease a 9 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, applesauce, vanilla, and sugar.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry mix and stir until combined. Do not overmix.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle, about 40-50 minutes in a glass loaf pan and 30-40 minutes in a metal loaf pan.
- Let cool slightly before slicing. Serving suggestion: smear a warm slice with butter. For a sweeter treat, sprinkle with more sugar and cinnamon.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
To Freeze: Bake and let bread cool completely. Wrap tightly in a few layers of foil and place in a gallon-sized freezer bag. Squeeze out all the air, seal, and freeze.
To Prepare From Frozen: Let bread thaw on the counter or in the fridge. Or you can use the defrost setting on your microwave.