These easy-to-peel hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot just might change your life.
This recipe is MAGIC, I tell you. In all of my years of trying every hard boiled egg trick in the book, I’ve never come out with ones that were cooked this perfectly (think moist yellow yokes with no green ring) and that peeled this easily. The shells practically fell off once I got started peeling. This recipe alone might make investing in an Instant Pot (here’s the one Polly and I both own*) worth it.
Note: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Read our full disclosure policy here.
Listen to how easy this is.
1. First, pour 1 cup of water in the steel bowl, place the wire rack in the bottom, and line up your eggs.
2. Push the “Manual” button and adjust the time to 4 minutes. And make sure the Pressure is on “High.”
3. While the Instant Pot comes up to pressure (it will take about 5 minutes), add some ice and water in a bowl nearby as an ice bath.
4. After the Instant Pot comes to pressure and the 4 minute cooking time is up, let it naturally release for 4 minutes (meaning, don’t touch it). After that, release the rest of the pressure by turning the knob on top. Watch it closely, so they don’t sit longer than this.
5. Using a spoon or tongs, add your eggs to the ice bath immediately.
6. Then, get peeling. They will come right off!
Say hello to perfectly cooked, easy-to-peel hard boiled eggs from the Instant Pot!
Now that you’ve nailed this Instant Pot recipe, you might want to try one of my other favorites, Instant Pot Chicken Taquitos.
Or maybe you’re a fan of the Slow Cooker? We have a great collection of Slow Cooker recipes for a crowd that you don’t want to miss.