Baked Egg Cups might just blow your mind. I’m not using hyperbole when I say I did find one of the easiest breakfast, lunch, or dinner recipes for kids ever today.
Baked Egg Cups require the following ingredients:
- cooking spray
- muffin tin
- ham (I used hash browns instead for some of them)
- shredded cheese
The only dishes you have to wash are a bowl (preferably a large glass measuring cup with a pouring lip) and a the muffin tin, especially if you use your hands to eat your Baked Egg Cups…nice. Although similar to my Easy Breakfast Casserole Muffins, these were faster and required fewer ingredients.
Baked Egg Cups
Makes: 12 egg cups (4-6 servings)
Inspired by: Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures
12 slices of deli ham and/or some frozen shredded hashbrowns (I made both kinds)
shredded cheddar cheese (maybe 1 cup?)
1) Preheat oven to 375 degrees. I even took a picture for all you visual learners out there.
2) Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Line each muffin cup with ham (or add hashbrowns to the bottom, like I did in a few of the tins).
3) Crack and add one egg to each muffin cup. (Note: They tasted fine this way, but next time I might whisk them first so the white and yolk are mixed together. Although, this would mean dirtying up another dish. Boo.)
4) Find a cute little 2-year-old girl to help you and then top each egg with a little bit of shredded cheddar cheese.
5) Bake for 15-17 minutes at 375 degrees.
One of the simplest breakfast recipes you can find. They are like perfect, mini, individual egg casseroles. You can switch them up to your family’s liking with a variety of ingredients.
- cooking spray
- 12 smalls slices deli ham (or I used hash browns instead for some of them)
- 12 eggs
- 1–2 cups shredded cheese
- splash of milk
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray. Line each muffin cup with ham (or add hashbrowns to the bottom, like I did in a few of the tins).
- Crack and add one egg to each muffin cup. You can also scramble the eggs with a splash of milk before adding to the muffin tins.
- Top each egg with a bit of cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes at 375 degrees.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Bake egg cups as directed in recipe and let cool. When completely cooled, put them in freezer safe bag or container and store for up to 3 months.
Thaw overnight in refrigerator or pop in to the microwave for a quick defrost.