Baked Egg Cups might just blow your mind. With only three main ingredients, this might be one of the easiest breakfast, lunch, or dinner recipes for kids ever today.
Ingredients in Baked Egg Cups
Here are all the ingredients you need to make Baked Egg Cups:
- cooking spray
- deli sliced ham
- shredded cheese
The only dishes you have to wash are a bowl (preferably a large glass measuring cup with a pouring lip) and a muffin tin, especially if you use your hands to eat your Baked Egg Cups…nice. Although similar to my Easy Breakfast Casserole Muffins, these were faster and required fewer ingredients.
How to Make Baked Egg Cups
1) Preheat oven to 375°F. I even took a picture for all you visual learners out there.
2) Spray a muffin tin generously with cooking spray. Line each muffin cup with ham (or your can add hash browns to the bottom, like I did in a few of the tins).
3) Crack and add one egg to each muffin cup. (Note: They tasted fine this way, but next time I might whisk them first so the white and yolk are mixed together. Although, this would mean dirtying up another dish. Boo.)
4) Find a cute little 2-year-old girl to help you and then top each egg with a little bit of shredded cheddar cheese.
5) Bake for 15-17 minutes.
Baked Egg Cups RecipePrint
With only three main ingredients, Baked Egg Cups are one of the simplest breakfast recipes you can find. They are like perfect, mini, individual egg casseroles.
- cooking spray
- 12 slices deli ham (look for organic or all-natural)
- 12 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Make It Now:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Line each muffin cup with ham.
- Crack and add one egg to each muffin cup. (Optional: You can also scramble the eggs with a splash of milk before adding to the muffin tins, if you prefer scrambled eggs.)
- Top each egg with 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until the egg is set in the middle. Let cool slightly and enjoy!
Freeze For Later: Bake egg cups as directed in recipe and let cool. When completely cooled, put them in a gallon-sized freezer bag or container, squeeze out any air, seal, and freeze for up to 3 months.
Prepare From Frozen: Thaw overnight in refrigerator or pop in to the microwave for a quick defrost. Then, warm in the microwave in 20 second increments until warmed through.