This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy.
About This Spinach Frittata Recipe
When it’s 5 p.m., you have few groceries in the fridge, and no plan for dinner…10-Minute Spinach Cheddar Frittata is the answer!
That was me one night last week. Thankfully, I had eggs, cheese, milk, and some fresh spinach to work with. If I would have had more time, I would have made our Spinach and Bacon Quiche but this super easy, cheap 10 Minute Spinach Cheddar Frittata was born. All the equipment you need is a large oven-safe pan (I used a 12-inch) and a bowl to stir the egg mixture.
What’s the Difference Between a Frittata and Omelet?
What is a frittata and how is it different than an omelet, you ask? A frittata is started over the stove for a few minutes and then this one is finished under the broiler in the oven for a few minutes. Unlike an omelet, it requires no stirring or flipping, which can be a mess when making an omelet.
In other words, it’s hard to screw up this recipe. Now that’s my kind of weeknight meal! Add in some fruit and whole grain toast, and you’ve got a well-rounded dinner or breakfast.
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- 8 extra large eggs (or 10 large eggs)
- 1/3 cup milk (any kind works but I used 2%)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1–2 cups loosely packed baby spinach, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (how to shred your own cheese; alternately you can substitute some of the cheese with feta or Parmesan)
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Stir in the spinach and cheese.
- Heat an oven-safe, 12-inch skillet over medium-low heat and spray with cooking spray. Once pan is hot, pour egg mixture in and stir gently with a spatula to spread out spinach and cheese. Leave it alone to cook for about 4 minutes, until the bottom is set and the top is just beginning to set.
- Transfer pan to the top rack of the oven. Broil for 2-4 minutes or just until set on top. Keep a close eye on it, so it doesn’t burn.
- Let cool for a few minutes. Slice and serve.