Disclaimer: This recipe was created in partnership with Frigidaire. But the opinions are all ours!
These simple breakfast sandwiches rival their fast food equivalent any day and make a healthy and delicious breakfast possible, even on the busiest mornings. The secret–why making them into a freezer meal, of course!
If you’ve perused our recipe index, you might have seen the cousin of these freezer friendly breakfast sandwiches, Fake-Out Starbucks Breakfast Sandwiches. While I do still loves those, we’ve updated our methods a bit and used a few different ingredients for these breakfast sandwiches. I must say, my crew liked them more. Probably something to do with the crispy bacon and scrambled (not baked) egg.
I double batched these a few weeks ago and have periodically pulled them out of the freezer for mornings that I don’t feel like making anything or even for a quick lunch.
Here’s how you make your own and reheat them as needed. And, if you’re looking for more healthy, easy freezer meals, look no further than our extensive collection right HERE.Print
Make these simple egg sandwiches ahead of time, wrap, and freeze for fast and satisfying breakfasts on the go.
- 6 whole wheat English muffins
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons avocado oil (sub: butter)
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 6 slices uncured bacon, fully cooked (try this no-fail method to cook bacon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set the English muffins on a sheet pan and open them up with the insides facing up. Spread a little softened butter on the insides (optional). Toast in the oven for 5-10 minutes, until golden brown.
- While muffins toast, whisk the eggs together with milk, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium-low heat. Scramble the eggs until set but still moist. Do not overcook.
- To assemble the sandwiches, top each muffin bottom with approximately one egg, one cheese slice and 1 slice of bacon, broken into 2-3 pieces. Place the muffin top on top and wrap the sandwich tightly in foil. (Freezing instructions begin here.)
- If eating immediately, warm the foil-wrapped sandwiches in the oven for about 3-5 minutes, or microwave uncovered (no foil!) for 30 seconds, until cheese is melted.
Freeze For Later:
Follow directions through Step 5. Place the individually-wrapped sandwiches in a gallon-sized freezer bag and freeze.
Prepare From Frozen:
There are three options for thawing and warming these sandwiches.
Option 1 (preferred method): Thaw in refrigerator for 24 hours. Remove foil and wrap in a moist paper towel. Microwave in 30 second intervals, until warmed through (about 1-2 minutes).
Option 2: From frozen, remove foil and wrap frozen sandwich in a moist paper towel. Microwave for 1 minute and then in 30 second intervals, until warmed through.
Option 3: From frozen, place sandwiches (still wrapped in foil) in 350° F oven for about 30 minutes or until warmed through.
Be sure to try our #1 most popular breakfast recipe that you can make ahead and freeze…