Make these simple egg sandwiches ahead of time, wrap, and freeze for fast and satisfying breakfasts on the go.
- 6 whole wheat English muffins
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1–2 tablespoons avocado oil (sub: butter)
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- 6 slices uncured bacon, fully cooked (try this no-fail method to cook bacon)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Set the English muffins on a sheet pan and open them up with the insides facing up. Spread a little softened butter on the insides (optional). Toast in the oven for 5-10 minutes, until golden brown.
- While muffins toast, whisk the eggs together with milk, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl.
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium-low heat. Scramble the eggs until set but still moist. Do not overcook.
- To assemble the sandwiches, top each muffin bottom with approximately one egg, one cheese slice and 1 slice of bacon, broken into 2-3 pieces. Place the muffin top on top and wrap the sandwich tightly in foil. (Freezing instructions begin here.)
- If eating immediately, warm the foil-wrapped sandwiches in the oven for about 3-5 minutes, or microwave uncovered (no foil!) for 30 seconds, until cheese is melted.
Freeze For Later: Follow directions through Step 5. Place the individually-wrapped sandwiches in a gallon-sized freezer bag and freeze. Prepare From Frozen: There are three options for thawing and warming these sandwiches. Option 1 (preferred method): Thaw in refrigerator for 24 hours. Remove foil and wrap in a moist paper towel. Microwave in 30 second intervals, until warmed through (about 1-2 minutes). Option 2: From frozen, remove foil and wrap frozen sandwich in a moist paper towel. Microwave for 1 minute and then in 30 second intervals, until warmed through. Option 3: From frozen, place sandwiches (still wrapped in foil) in 350° F oven for about 30 minutes or until warmed through.