Summer Strawberry Salad
This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Prepare to be transported to a warm summer day as you enjoy our Summer Strawberry Salad. Tangy feta cheese, toasted sliced almonds, sweet strawberries, fresh pineapple, and creamy avocado pair well with the sweet and tangy honey balsamic dressing.
Looking for a fresh new salad recipe? One for a potluck? What about a salad for a dinner party where you’re not sure what everyone likes? This Strawberry Salad is an ideal choice. It’s easy, crowd-pleasing, and adaptable, too.
This light and fruity salad is bursting with color and flavor. Like other salads in our recipe index, our Strawberry Avocado Salad is easy to throw together and packed with nutritional powerhouse ingredients.
Salad Dressing Cheat Sheet
Our best homemade salad dressings all in one place!
- Download it.
- Print it.
- Use it over and over again!
The beauty of a great salad recipe is that it can be customized to your preferences (or whatever you have in your fridge!). Here are a few of the key components in this specific recipe:
- Salad greens. We love the pre-rinsed, pre-packaged baby Romaine from the store, but you can chop up your own lettuce or use baby spinach as your base.
- Fruit. Strawberries are a must but feel free to play with other fruits that you have on hand or that are in season. Pineapple provides lovely contrasting color. You could also toss in blueberries, dried cranberries, or anything else sweet and juicy.
- Avocado. Pick one that is perfectly ripe. Here’s how according to Whole Foods. Apply gentle pressure to the outside and it should give slightly (not too much). You also want to look for one that is darker rather than brighter green. If it’s overly ripe and mushy, it’ll turn into a green paste as you toss the salad. If it’s not ripe enough, it will be hard and flavorless. Picking an avocado that still holds its shape is ideal.
- Toasted almonds. The necessary crunchy element that every good salad needs. You could swap the almonds for chopped walnuts or pecans. Whatever nuts you choose, be absolutely sure to toast them first—it adds so much flavor and crunch.
- Feta. Creaminess is a necessity in a salad, and cheese was born for it. A great swap for feta would be goat cheese. Yuuuummm.
- The dressing. We recommend using Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette for this scrumptious salad. This slightly sweet, slightly tangy balsamic dressing is incredibly easy to make.
How to Make Summer Strawberry Salad
If you’ve never made salad with homemade dressing before, I’m about to blow your mind in 2 steps…
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a mason jar or small container with a lid. Seal and shake.
- Layer the salad ingredients in a bowl. Serve the dressing on the side.
This takes just minutes and it’s so gorgeous. Mind blown, right?
Meal Ideas to Go With This Salad
Here are a few tasty recipe ideas that would go well with this delicious salad.
More Salads You’ll Love
- Autumn Salad with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- My Favorite Cobb Salad
- Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
- Mexican Chopped Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette
- Fiesta Chopped Salad
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
Summer Strawberry Salad
Prepare to be transported to a warm summer day as you enjoy this light and fruity salad. Tangy feta cheese, toasted sliced almonds, sweet strawberries, fresh pineapple, and luscious avocado pair well with the sweet and tangy balsamic dressing.
- 8 cups (4-ounce container) baby Romaine or salad greens, loosely packed
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup chopped (1-inch pieces) pineapple
- 1/2 large Hass avocado, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced, toasted almonds (sub: toasted pecan halves)*
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese (sub: crumbled goat cheese)
- Honey Balsamic Dressing
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
On a serving platter, add the salad greens. Top with strawberries, fresh pineapple, avocado, toasted almonds, and cheese. Make the dressing using this recipe for Honey Balsamic Dressing. Shake up the dressing and serve alongside the salad.
*To toast the nuts: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Place the nuts on a rimmed sheet pan. Bake for 4 minutes and then shake the pan. Bake for another 3-5 minutes, until the nuts are just starting to turn golden and are fragrant. Watch closely so they don’t burn. Remove from the oven and immediately transfer the toasted nuts to a plate to cool. (If they stay on the hot sheet pan, they may get overcooked.)
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 – 2 cups
We’d love your feedback! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
Leave a Comment