Honey Balsamic Dressing
This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This slightly sweet, slightly tangy balsamic dressing is incredibly easy to make. Keep Honey Balsamic Dressing on hand for quick and healthy salads any day of the week. Works great as a marinade for chicken, too.
Why Make Salad Dressing at Home?
There are several reasons why you might want to make homemade salad dressing at home.
- Healthier Ingredients: When you make your own dressing, you have control over the ingredients. You can use high-quality oils, fresh herbs and spices, and avoid preservatives and additives that may be present in store-bought dressings.
- Customizable: Making your own dressing allows you to customize the flavor and consistency. You can easily adjust the sweetness, tanginess, and spiciness to your preference.
- Cost-Effective: Homemade salad dressings can be less expensive than store-bought versions, especially if you use ingredients that you already have on hand.
- Freshness: Homemade salad dressings are always fresh and can be made in small batches, so you can avoid wasting any leftover dressing.
- Sustainability: Making your own salad dressing can be a more sustainable option because you can reduce packaging waste and avoid buying products that require shipping and transportation.
Make sure to browse around our Top 10 Healthy Homemade Salad Dressings for more ideas.
With just a few simple ingredients on hand, you can whip up this classic balsamic vinaigrette in just minutes. Here is all you need:
- Extra virgin olive oil – Your heart will thank you!
- Balsamic vinegar
- Honey (I recommend raw honey if you can afford it, since there are more health benefits from it.)
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Honey Balsamic Dressing
If you’ve never made homemade dressing before, I’m about to blow your mind in two steps…
- Add all 5 ingredients to a mason jar or small container with a lid.
- Seal and shake. That’s it!
See, sooo easy? And the flavor kicks the store-bought kind’s butt. You’ll never go back once you start making your own.
Here’s how to store Balsamic Honey Dressing:
- In the refrigerator: Store this dressing in an air-tight jar or container the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- In the freezer: Freeze in an air-tight container or freezer bag for 3-6 months. Thaw in the refrigerator or using the defrost setting on the microwave when ready to use.
More Homemade Salad Dressings You’ll Love
Salad Dressing Cheat Sheet
Our best homemade salad dressings all in one place!
- Download it.
- Print it.
- Use it over and over again!
Got 2 minutes? Go ahead and throw together this quick vinaigrette now for salads all week, like our Strawberry Avocado Salad, or for a divine chicken marinade.
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
Honey Balsamic Dressing
With only 3 main ingredients, this slightly sweet, slightly tangy dressing is incredibly easy to make. Whip up a batch of this classic vinaigrette to have on hand for quick and healthy salads any day of the week. Works great as a marinade for chicken, too.
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, plus more to taste
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, plus more to taste
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
Add all the ingredients to a mason jar or small container with lid. Seal tightly and shake until combined. Taste and adjust the seasoning to your preference. Serve over our Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad.
How to Store: This dressing can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks or frozen for 3-6 months.
Tip: As long as you’re making some of this dressing for tonight, why not double the batch and store it for later to use on salads or to marinate chicken? (Try this grilled chicken recipe using this marinade for a winner dinner.)
Leave a Comment