Use this tasty sauce on Southwest Chicken and Bacon Wraps, for a veggie dip, or on top of your favorite salad as a dressing. Bonus: Making it yourself means you’ll avoid all the additives, preservatives, and yucky ingredients in the store-bought versions. It’s healthier than any store-bought dressing and more flavorful, too!Print
This fresh-tasting, creamy Southwest Ranch Sauce has a little heat and a lot of flavor! Use as a dip for veggies, a sauce on a wrap or taco, or dressing on top of salad.
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream (or plain, full-fat Greek yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro or parsley (or 1 teaspoon dried parsley)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
In a small bowl, stir together all the ingredients until combined. Cover and refrigerate for up to 1 week. Do not freeze.
Photo credit: https://www.instagram.com/ptankilevitch/