This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This light, flavorful Mandarin Orange Salad includes spinach, dried cranberries, almonds, feta or goat cheese, and mandarin oranges and pairs perfectly with our creamy Citrus Salad Dressing. Serve on special occasions or on any weeknight!
What I Love About This Salad
- Simple yet beautiful, delicious ingredients. Sweet, tangy, crunchy, creamy–it’s got all the mouth feels.
- The dressing is just about perfect in my estimation–citrusy, light, yet creamy-tasting. Pairs perfectly with the spinach salad.
- Top with Baked Chicken Tenders or Crispy Chicken Cutlets for a satisfying and healthy main dish.
- This nutritious salad is full of antioxidants!
Here are the fresh, colorful ingredients you’ll need for this salad and it’s perfect dressing…
How to Make Creamy Citrus Dressing
Pour all dressing ingredients in a mason jar, close lid tightly, and shake until combined (or whisk everything together in a bowl). Refrigerate for up to two weeks.
How to Make Mandarin Orange Spinach Salad
In a large salad bowl or platter, either layer or toss the spinach, orange segments, crumbled cheese, sliced almonds, and cranberries. Either toss the salad with half the dressing and eat immediately (note: it doesn’t last long after tossing with the dressing!), and/or set out the dressing alongside the salad when serving.
Yes, Mandarin orange salad can be prepared ahead of time by keeping the salad greens and toppings separate from the dressing. This helps prevent the salad from becoming soggy.
Yes, there is no gluten in the salad or the dressing.
Mandarin orange salad can typically be stored in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days as long as you leave off the dressing, although it’s best enjoyed fresh. Keep the salad covered or in an airtight container to maintain freshness.
More Salad Dressings You’ll Love
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
Creamy Citrus Dressing:
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 2 tablespoons orange juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 8 cups baby spinach leaves, loosely packed (roughly chop if leaves are big)
- 1/2 cup mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds, toasted (or pecans)
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese or feta cheese
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- For the Dressing: Pour all dressing ingredients in a mason jar, close lid tightly, and shake until combined (or whisk everything together in a bowl). Refrigerate for up to two weeks.
- For the Salad: In a large salad bowl or platter, either layer or toss the spinach, orange segments, crumbled cheese, sliced almonds, and cranberries. Set out the dressing alongside the salad when serving.
- I’d recommend serving the dressing on the side or eating immediately after dressing the salad. It won’t last long after tossing with the dressing, because the citrus begins to break down the spinach.
- Spring mix greens are a good replacement for the spinach.
- I prefer to cut the little mandarin orange segments in half, but you can leave them whole.
- These salad dressings are also very good on this salad:
Photos and video by Whitney Reist from Sweet Cayenne.