This delicious Autumn-Inspired Chopped Salad will quickly become your go-to fall salad. It’s so good that it was featured in this news story. Autumn Chopped Salad is a great recipe for large group gatherings or compliments a weeknight meal at home. Enjoy!
Ready to up your fall salad game? We’ve got you covered.
What Ingredients Do I Need for Autumn Chopped Salad?
I’ve been serving this simple, fall-inspired chopped salad at my weeknight and my holiday tables for years. It never sticks around long. The combo of sweet tart apples and dried cranberries, bacon, tangy feta, and crunchy pecans creates a flavor experience in your mouth!
The homemade apple cider dressing perfectly accents the bacon with the perfect mix of sweet and savory. To save time, be sure to make your bacon in the oven!
The Perfect Dressing for a Fall Salad: Apple Cider Vinaigrette
Now, let’s talk salad dressing. Friends, I’m just going to say it: I wanted to drink this vinaigrette right from the bottle! This might be my favorite homemade dressing to date. It’s a little sweet and a little tangy and a beautiful golden color.
How to Make Autumn Chopped Salad
Check out this short tutorial and see for yourself just how easy it is to make this fall salad..
What to Serve with a Fall Salad
Be sure to serve this salad alongside our favorite holiday side, Ultimate Bacon and Cheddar Twice-Stuffed Baked Potatoes…
We hope you enjoy this delicious salad for lunch or with your next meal.Print
Crisp greens are topped with tart apples, sweet dried cranberries, feta cheese, toasted pecans, and Burgers’ Smokehouse Applewood Bacon. Finish off with our delicious Apple Cider dressing.
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup (sub: honey)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 cups crisp Romaine or Green Leaf lettuce, chopped (approximately 1 head of lettuce)
- 2 medium tart red apples, cored and diced (do not peel) (recommended: Fuji or Honeycrisp)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 8 slices Burgers’ Smokehouse Applewood Smoked Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- Add all the dressing ingredients to a jar with a lid, seal, and shake. (You can make ahead and store in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.)
- Add all the salad ingredients to a large bowl, lightly drizzle the dressing over the top (add less than you think you need), and toss. Serve with extra dressing on the side.