With only three main ingredients, Baked Egg Cups are one of the simplest breakfast recipes you can find. They are like perfect, mini, individual egg casseroles.
- cooking spray
- 12 slices deli ham (look for organic or all-natural)
- 12 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
Make It Now:
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a muffin tin with cooking spray.
- Line each muffin cup with ham.
- Crack and add one egg to each muffin cup. (Optional: You can also scramble the eggs with a splash of milk before adding to the muffin tins, if you prefer scrambled eggs.)
- Top each egg with 2 tablespoons of cheese.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until the egg is set in the middle. Let cool slightly and enjoy!
Freeze For Later: Bake egg cups as directed in recipe and let cool. When completely cooled, put them in a gallon-sized freezer bag or container, squeeze out any air, seal, and freeze for up to 3 months.
Prepare From Frozen: Thaw overnight in refrigerator or pop in to the microwave for a quick defrost. Then, warm in the microwave in 20 second increments until warmed through.