With just 3 ingredients, few appetizers are simpler and will be gone faster than Bacon-Wrapped Dates with Goat Cheese. Sure to be a hit at your next party!
- 8 slices (about 1/2 pound) Burgers’ Smokehouse Hickory Smoked Country Bacon
- 24 smaller pitted dates (8 ounce package)
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Top a rimmed baking sheet with a baking rack. (Tip: For easier clean up, cover the baking sheet with foil.)
- Pitted dates should have a small opening in them; if not, slice them open on one side. Smear a dollop of goat cheese inside each date and press the date closed around the cheese.
- Cut the bacon slices into thirds. Wrap each date in a bacon piece tightly and secure with a toothpick.
- Place wrapped dates on the baking rack. Bake for about 17-22 minutes, flipping them over halfway through so they cook evenly, until the bacon is browned and crispy. (Depending on the thickness of your bacon, cooking time can vary. Keep a close eye on them.)
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- If your dates aren’t pitted, slice them open lengthwise just enough to open them and remove the pits.
- Make sure to buy thin-cut, not thick-cut bacon. You can roll out the bacon with a rolling pin, if it’s not thin enough.
- We found that the larger Medjool dates were too large and sweet for this recipe. We recommend the cheaper and smaller ones.