This easy and oh-so-cheesy baked pasta is a great way to use up leftover veggies, like frozen or fresh spinach. Even your meat-lover will dig this one!
- 1 package (16 oz.) cheese tortellini, cooked al dente (I use Trader Joe’s)
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (approximately 28 oz.; I like Newman’s Own Marinara)
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped (or 1/2 cup frozen spinach, defrosted, drained and chopped)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese and/or Italian mix cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Spray an 8×8 pan with cooking spray.
- Boil cheese tortellini until al dente (about 2 minutes), according to package directions.
- Spread thin layer of sauce into bottom of baking dish. Arrange half of the cooked tortellini over the sauce. Top tortellini with 1/2 of sauce, spinach, mozzarella cheese, and Italian cheese.
- Repeat layers again, ending with the last of the cheese on top.
- Bake uncovered for 20-25 minutes or until edges are bubbly and top is golden brown.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Prepare the casserole normally and stop before baking. Freeze in an airtight freezable container.
When ready to bake, thaw 24-48 hours in the fridge or use the defrost setting in the microwave. Bake according to directions. If casserole is still somewhat frozen, you will have to bake it 10-15 minutes longer. If it starts to get too brown on top, cover with foil.