Baked Oatmeal Recipe is a deliciously hearty breakfast that will keep your family feeling full and happy.
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup nuts (pecans or walnuts)
- 1/2 cup craisins
- 1 large chopped apple
- 1 chopped-up peach*
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (if you don’t have coconut oil, vegetable oil will work but add a little more sugar to the recipe)
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- *Feel free to use 2/3 cup of a fruit of choice as a sub for peaches. Bananas, pears or blueberries are good options.
- Mix all the dry ingredients and fruit together in a large bowl.
- Mix oil, eggs, and milk together.
- Now combine all ingredients in the large bowl.
- Pour mix into greased 9×9 or 8×8 baking dish.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes, until set in the middle.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Prepare recipe as normal, but do not bake. Cover casserole dish tightly in plastic wrap and/or foil and freeze. When ready to bake, thaw overnight in the fridge and then bake according to directions. It may take longer to bake if still cold or frozen in the middle. Cover with foil if it starts to brown on top too much.