Banana Pumpkin Bread is the flavor packed muffin worthy recipe your family will love.
- 1 cup smashed ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup canned pureed pumpkin
- 1/3 cup plain yogurt
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup unrefined sugar (also known as sucanat)
- 1 cup unbleached white flour (or sub white whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup white whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed. Add sugar; beat until combined.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine flour and next 5 ingredients (through ground nutmeg) in bowl. Add flour mixture to banana mixture; beat just until blended.
- Pour batter into a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan or muffin tin coated with cooking spray.
- For bread, bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. For muffins, bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes until a wooden pick comes out clean.
- Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes in pan on a wire rack. Remove bread or muffins from pan; cool completely.
- Optional: Combine powdered sugar and milk, stirring until smooth; drizzle over bread.
Freezer Meal Recipes:
To Freeze: Bake and cool completely. Remove bread from pan and wrap tightly with plastic wrap and a layer of foil. Or, remove muffins from pan, place in freezer bag, seal and press out all air. Freeze.
To Prepare: Thaw in fridge or on counter or use defrost setting of microwave. Warm in 15 second increments in microwave.