Creamy mashed potatoes in an Instant Pot are the side dish you didn’t know you needed, but will never go without again. So. Darn. Good!
- 3–4 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes (about 12 medium-small potatoes)
- 1 and 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 10 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt (more or less depending on preference)
- Peel the potatoes. Place 1 cup of water (or chicken stock) in the Instant Pot.
- Place the trivet into the Instant Pot and place the potatoes on top.
- Cook in the Instant Pot for 10 minutes on high pressure. Let them naturally release for 10 more minutes. (If not using the Instant Pot, quarter the potatoes and boil for about 20-25 minutes until they are softened all the way through.)
- While potatoes are cooking, combine butter and heavy cream in a small sauce pan and cook over low heat until the butter is melted.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine potatoes, butter/cream mixture, and salt.
- Using a potato masher, mash the potatoes until the consistency is smooth. (This took me about 4-5 minutes).