Delicate Yukon gold potatoes are cooked, seasoned and roasted in the oven. Quite likely to become your next favorite side dish.
- 2 pounds baby potatoes (recommended: Yukon gold)
- 3–4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- salt & pepper to taste
- Optional: fresh thyme, rosemary. Top with chives and parmesan after cooked!
- Boil potatoes using this quick stovetop method. Or, cook them in the Instant Pot: Add 1 cup of water to the bottom, place potatoes on the trivet, lock and seal the lid, cook at high pressure for 12 minutes, and use a quick release of pressure. Drain and pat dry the cooked potatoes.
- Pre-heat the oven to 450°F.
- Place cooked potatoes on a foil-lined, greased baking sheet
- Use the bottom of a mason jar or glass to partially flatten the cooked potatoes.
- Drizzle olive oil generously over the potatoes and evenly sprinkle the seasonings over the potatoes.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes until golden and crispy. Serve immediately!
Potatoes can be prepped in advance through Step 5 and sit out a few hours before baking.