Make It Now:
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper. Sprinkle the seasoning evenly over the drumsticks and rub it in to coat all sides. (Freezing instructions begin here.)
- Place the seasoned drumsticks in the slow cooker and cover with 1 cup of the BBQ sauce. Cover and cook on Low for 3 to 4 hours or until cooked through.
- Position the top oven rack about 6 inches below the broiler. Preheat the broiler. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil. (Note: You can also use the grill for this step instead of the broiler, placing the drumsticks directly on the grill.)
- Use tongs to place the drumsticks on the prepared baking sheet; discard any liquid. Brush the chicken with ¼ cup of BBQ sauce and broil until the chicken starts to brown and look crispy, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the chicken over, brush with another ¼ cup BBQ sauce, and broil until the skin begins to brown and look crispy, 2 to 3 minutes more.
- Serve warm with remaining BBQ sauce on the side.
Freeze For Later: Follow Step 1. Place the seasoned chicken and 1 cup of the BBQ sauce in the bag. Try not to stack the drumsticks in the bag; instead, place them flat, side by side. Use parchment paper to divide layers, if needed. Seal, toss to coat, and freeze flat. Pour the remaining BBQ sauce into a small freezer bag or container, seal, and freeze alongside the chicken.
Prepare From Frozen: Completely thaw meal kit. Follow the cooking instructions above.
Here are instructions on how to make BBQ drumsticks in the Instant Pot