We love this easy Breakfast Casserole Muffin recipe. It’s made with simple ingredients that you likely have in your kitchen. These make a fabulous, freezer friendly breakfast. For sure worth a try!
- 3–4 pieces whole wheat bread, torn into small pieces (enough to fill muffin tins almost to top)
- 3–4 slices deli ham (look for preservative-free), chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper (or more or less to taste)
- dried parsley, for garnish
Make It Now:
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a muffin tin very well or use a silicone muffin tin.
- Drop bread pieces evenly in muffin tins until they come about 2/3 of the way up the tin.
- Sprinkle ham pieces evenly in each tin.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly in each tin.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, ground mustard, and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture evenly in each muffin tin.
- Sprinkle a little dried parsley on the top of each one to add a pop of color.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown on top and cooked through the middle.
Freeze For Later: Bake according to instructions and let fully cool. Place muffins in a single layer in a gallon-sized freezer container or bag. Seal well, squeezing out excess air, and freeze.
Prepare From Frozen: Wrap a muffin in a moist paper towel and microwave in 30 seconds increments until heated through (about 1-2 minutes). Or thaw in the refrigerator and warm in the microwave.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin