Making steel cut oatmeal in the Instant Pot is a breeze. This easy breakfast idea will quickly make it’s way into your rotation!
- 2–3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups steel cut oats
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Select the sauté function on the Instant Pot and melt the butter. Add the oats and sauté, stirring often, for about 5 minutes.
- Add the water and salt and give it a stir. Make sure all the oats are submerged in the liquid.
- Secure the lid and set the pressure release to sealing. Cancel the sauté function and set the cooking time for 12 minutes at high pressure. After cooking, let the oats naturally release pressure for 10 minutes. Move the pressure release valve to venting to release any remaining steam.
- When you open the pot you’ll notice there is excess liquid. Give it a stir to incorporate.
- Add in brown sugar, cinnamon, and any additional toppings you might want.