Even the most reluctant seafood eaters will enjoy this succulent lemony shrimp that cooks in just minutes. You may want to double the marinade and boil it at the end for extra sauce.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (juice of about 1 1/2 lemons)
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic (2–3 garlic cloves, minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pound raw deveined large (16/20 count) shrimp (peeled or shell on)
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Crumbled feta cheese, for garnish (optional)
Make It Now:
- In a medium bowl, combine all marinade ingredients, from olive oil through dried basil.
- Pat dry the shrimp with paper towels. Then add to the marinade and toss. Set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to marinate. Stir occasionally.
- Preheat oven broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup.
- Optional: Thread four or five shrimp on each skewer. Set shrimp on baking sheet. Discard the rest of the marinade (or boil marinade and use as sauce per serving instructions below.)
- Broil shrimp for 2 minutes on the first side and then flip the shrimp. Broil for another 2 minutes on the second side. Shrimp is done when it is pink. Do not overcook.
- Garnish shrimp with some minced parsley, a squeeze of lemon, and some crumbled feta. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Freeze For Later: Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a zip top bag. Then rinse, pat dry, and skewer the shrimp, if desired. Place skewers or shrimp in a separate freezer bag. Seal the bags well and freeze.
Prepare From Frozen: When ready to cook, submerge sealed freezer bags in cold water until the shrimp is mostly thawed (about 15-30 minutes). Then cook and serve according to directions, starting with marinating the shrimp in the refrigerator.
Serving Suggestion: Boil the leftover marinade in small pot on the stovetop for 4-5 minutes and then pour over shrimp and pasta or rice. Then top with parsley, lemon, and feta.