Disclaimer: This recipe was created in partnership with Frigidaire. But the opinions are all ours!
I love the versatility of this Mediterranean Shrimp recipe. It takes minutes to make, is freezer-friendly and is also kid-friendly. The marinade flavor is wonderful and there are several ways you can cook the shrimp.
One option of making Mediterranean Shrimp is throwing the shrimp on skewers (don’t they look pretty?). Broil in the oven or grill them in just minutes this way. If you don’t have skewers on hand, you can also sauté the shrimp in a skillet. Shrimp cooks very quickly so it’s important not to overcook it or it can get tough.
After you’ve cooked the shrimp, throw it on some brown rice or whole wheat pasta topped with some feta for a delicious, healthy dinner.
Even the most reluctant seafood eaters will enjoy this succulent lemony shrimp. Broiling for only a few minutes on each side creates a crisp exterior while maintaining a juicy interior. The skewers and beautiful garnishes make this easy dish a fun one to serve for family dinner or as a party appetizer.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (juice of about 1 1/2 lemons)
- 1/2 teaspoon of minced garlic (2–3 garlic cloves, minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pound raw deveined large (16/20 count) shrimp (peeled or shell on)
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Crumbled feta cheese, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, combine all marinade ingredients, from olive oil through dried basil.
- Pat dry the shrimp with paper towels. Then add to the marinade and toss. Set in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to marinate. Stir occasionally.
- Preheat oven broiler. Line a baking sheet with foil for easy cleanup.
- Optional: Thread four or five shrimp on each skewer. Set shrimp on baking sheet. Discard the rest of the marinade (or boil marinade and use as sauce per serving instructions below.)
- Broil shrimp for 2 minutes on the first side and then flip the shrimp. Broil for another 2 minutes on the second side. Shrimp is done when it is pink. Do not overcook.
- Garnish shrimp with some minced parsley, a squeeze of lemon, and some crumbled feta. Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Boil the leftover marinade in small pot on the stovetop for 4-5 minutes and then pour over shrimp and pasta or rice. Then top with parsley, lemon, and feta.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Combine the ingredients for the marinade in a ziptop bag. Then rinse, pat dry, and skewer the shrimp, if desired. Place skewers or shrimp in a separate freezer bag. Seal the bags well and freeze.
When ready to cook, submerge sealed freezer bags in cold water until the shrimp is mostly thawed (about 15 minutes). Then cook and serve according to directions, starting with marinating the shrimp in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size: 1/4 pound of shrimp