These no bake treats come together in minutes and are full of all real food ingredients. I don’t feel quite so bad grabbing a few of these delicious, chocolatey treats!
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup (sub: raw honey)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 1/4 cup 100% cocoa powder (or raw cacao powder)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats (I used gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- a pinch sea salt
- In a microwave safe mixing bowl, add the syrup, nut butter, and coconut oil. Microwave in 20 second increments and stir until just melted.
- Add in the cocoa powder, shredded coconut, oats, vanilla, ground cinnamon, and sea salt. Stir until well combined.
- Use a medium cookie dough scoop or a spoon to scoop out heaping tablespoon-sized amounts of the mixture. (Tip: Wet your hands so the dough doesn’t stick to them.) Roll the dough into balls and place them on a parchment-lined or foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer until energy bites are firm, about 1 hour. Transfer the cookie bites to a freezer storage container or bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- When ready to eat, set out on the counter to thaw or microwave an energy bite for just 10 seconds or so.
This is a great recipe to scale up 2-3 times to maximize your time and ingredients!