This post may contain affiliate or sponsored links. Please read our disclosure policy.
These freezer-friendly, no-bake oatmeal energy bites come together in minutes and are full of all real food ingredients. I don’t feel quite so bad grabbing a few of these delicious, chocolatey treats! Great for after-school snacks too!
Look no further for an easy, homemade treat that is packed with healthy ingredients. These chocolate cookie bites taste like a classic no-bake cookie but have some sneaky nutrition that your kids will gladly gobble up.
I’ve been making these in mass and storing them in the freezer lately. Little hands love to help roll them, and since all the ingredients are edible, they can lick their hands and eat the scraps to their little heart’s delight. To freeze them, simply place them on a parchment lined baking sheet like so…
Pop them in the freezer until they are firm. Transfer them to a storage container of some sort.
You can freeze them in a freezer bag or container. Here are our favorite freezer containers. Bonus feature: these cookies just take minutes to thaw. They are snack-ready when you are.
If food sensitivities are a concern, these no-bake energy bites are also gluten-free and dairy-free. They are packed with protein and good for you ingredients, too! I feel just a tad bit better about snagging one, two…ok, three…of these for a treat than most other desserts.
If you’re not sold on these No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Bites being a hit, try our Powerball Cookies. I’ve been making those for years!
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- 1/2 cup real maple syrup (sub: raw honey)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 2 tablespoons unrefined coconut oil
- 1/4 cup 100% cocoa powder (or raw cacao powder)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats (I used gluten-free)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- a pinch sea salt
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- In a microwave safe mixing bowl, add the syrup, nut butter, and coconut oil. Microwave in 20 second increments and stir until just melted.
- Add in the cocoa powder, shredded coconut, oats, vanilla, ground cinnamon, and sea salt. Stir until well combined.
- Use a medium cookie dough scoop or a spoon to scoop out heaping tablespoon-sized amounts of the mixture. (Tip: Wet your hands so the dough doesn’t stick to them.) Roll the dough into balls and place them on a parchment-lined or foil-lined rimmed baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer until energy bites are firm, about 1 hour. Transfer the cookie bites to a freezer storage container or bag and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- When ready to eat, set out on the counter to thaw or microwave an energy bite for just 10 seconds or so.
This is a great recipe to scale up 2-3 times to maximize your time and ingredients!