This oatmeal pancake recipe is packed with high quality ingredients that will satisfy all your hungry eaters. Make a batch to throw in the freezer and pull out for a fantastic homemade breakfast!
- 3 1/2 cups oats
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 cup vegetable/canola oil or melted coconut oil
To make dry mix:
- Grind oats up in a blender or food processor.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in a mixer with a paddle (or by hand).
- With mixer on slow speed (or gently by hand), drizzle the oil into the bowl slowly while the mixer is running.
- Store in an airtight container for up to two weeks at room temperature or indefinitely in the refrigerator or freezer.
To make the pancakes:
- Note: 1 cup of dry mix will make about 6-7 four-inch pancakes.
- Whisk together 1 cup of mix, 1/2-1 cup of milk and one egg. The mixture may seem thin at first but the oats will soak up the milk as it stands while the griddle preheats.
- Heat a griddle and drop the batter onto it. When edges start to look dry, give them a flip! Cook until desired consistency.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
To Freeze: Make the mix as directed. Place into an airtight container (or gallon-sized freezer bag) and freeze.
To Prepare: Pull out desired about of mix to make pancakes. Put remaining mix back in freezer.