- 1 1/4 cups milk, slightly warmed
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in bread machine according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Select dough setting.
- When cycle is complete, turn out onto floured surface and divide into 10 pieces.
- Shape into 6-inch oblongs for panini style rolls.
- Flatten them down pressing with your hand or rolling pin.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes.
- Oven temperatures vary so check after 9 minutes to see if done.