I use my bread machine to make so much more than just bread. In fact, one of our most popular recipes on this site is for our Bread Machine Cinnamon Rolls! My kids love these Ham and Cheese Crescent Rolls too. So when I got the itch to make some homemade panini bread, I know my bread machine could do the trick.
They were really easy to make and turned out so good! They had a hint of sweetness and a lighter texture than normal bread.
What is a Panini Anyway?
A panini or panino (meaning “bread roll”) is a sandwich made with Italian bread usually served warmed by grilling or toasting.
Homemade Panini Bread
Aside from tortillas, I don’t think I have bought any type of bread since I got my bread machine a few months ago. Since I meal plan every week, I know in advance when we are going to need some type of bread so I plan to have time to make it earlier that day.
Ways to Use Panini Bread
Typically anything that would work for a grilled sandwich will work on a panini.
Can I Freeze Panini Bread?
You bet! Just like many household staples that you can freeze (tortillas, green onions, shredded cheese, muffins, etc.) paninis work well to freeze and thaw. Simply place in an airtight container, minimizing as much air exposure as possible. Let thaw on the counter for about 30 minutes before using!Print
Panini Sandwich Bread that is homemade press-worthy perfection!
- 1 1/4 cups milk, slightly warmed
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 cups bread flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place all ingredients in bread machine according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Select dough setting.
- When cycle is complete, turn out onto floured surface and divide into 10 pieces.
- Shape into 6-inch oblongs for panini style rolls.
- Flatten them down pressing with your hand or rolling pin.
- Place on parchment lined baking sheet.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes.
- Oven temperatures vary so check after 9 minutes to see if done.