Powerball Cookies are a healthy, real-food snack. Careful, it’s hard to stop at just one!
- 1 cup all-natural peanut butter or almond butter (crunchy peanut butter is really yummy!)
- 1 cup honey (I often cut this back to 3/4 cup and make up the 1/4 cup with more nut butter)
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats (quick-cooking works fine)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed (Why eat flaxseed?)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips (or 3/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- 1 cup any combination of these add-ins:
- chopped nuts (i.e. chopped pecans, sliced almonds, etc)
- unsweetened shredded coconut
- chia seeds
- soft dried fruits (i.e. raisins, dried cranberries, etc)
Make It Now:
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the peanut butter and honey until smooth. (Tip: You may want to warm them in the microwave first to make this step easier.)
- Stir in oats and flaxseed.
- Add the chocolate chips and your 1 cup of preferred add-ins. Stir until well combined.
- Using wet hands or a wet cookie scoop, shape the mixture into 30-35 balls. Use a heaping tablespoon of mixture per cookie.
Freeze For Later: Follow Steps 1-4. Place the rolled cookies on a sheet pan (line with parchment paper for easier clean up). Place in the freezer for an hour or so, until hardened. Place them into a freezer bag or airtight freezer container for up to 3 months. Prepare From Frozen: Either set cookies out on the counter to thaw slightly or warm in the microwave for about 15 seconds.