Powerball Cookies are a healthy, real-food snack. Careful, it’s hard to stop at just one!
- 1 cup peanut butter or almond butter
- 1 cup honey (I often cut this back to 3/4 cup and make up the 1/4 cup with more nut butter)
- 3 cups old-fashioned oats (quick-cooking works fine)
- 1/2 cup ground flax seed or wheat germ Why eat flaxseed?
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup any combination of nuts and soft dried fruits (I used 1/2 chopped pecans and 1/2 raisins)
- Blend peanut butter and honey until smooth. You may want to warm them first to make this step easier.
- Mix in oats and flaxseed or wheat germ.
- Add chocolate chips and dried fruit and/or nuts. Stir until well combined.
- Shape into balls (using wet hands or wet cookie scoop is easiest) and refrigerate or freeze.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Shape in to balls and place on a cookie sheet lined with waxed or parchment paper. Flash freeze for a few hours so the cookies don’t stick to one another. Then put in to a freezer bag or airtight container for up to 3 months.
Warm cookies in the microwave for 15-20 seconds or eat frozen.