Although these boiled baby potatoes take very little work and ingredients, they look stunning and will please everyone at the table.
- 1 1/2 pounds small baby potatoes (preferably an assortment of red, blue, and yellow)
- 2 tablespoons butter, plus more as needed
- 1–2 teaspoons Kosher salt
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2–1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley, or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes, crushed in hand
- Optional: 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Season the water well with salt. If your potatoes are not bite-sized, then cut them in half. Boil the potatoes until fork tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and return to the pot.
- Toss potatoes with butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and parsley. Stir in Parmesan, if desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.