If you need a “go to” whole wheat roll that is perfectly soft and flavorful, this is the one to try. We love using these for sandwiches, as a side item, or to stick in the freezer.
- 1 1/3 cup water
- 1 stick of butter
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed (Why eat flaxseed?)
- 2 cups regular flour
- 1 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup powdered milk
- 3 teaspoons dry active yeast
- Add ingredients to your bread machine and run on the dough cycle.
- Roll dough into balls (a little bigger than the size of a golf ball) and place on a greased baking pan.
- Bake at 350 for 17-19 minutes.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Bake rolls as stated in recipe. Let cool completely. Place rolls in freezer safe bag or container. Freeze up to 3 months.
Let rolls thaw in refrigerator overnight or pop in microwave.