Imagine zucchini for breakfast. My kids fight over these delicious, healthy whole grain cookies! Bake a double batch and you’ll have a fantastic treat to pull out of the freezer.
- 2 1/4 cups oats (for gluten-free, be sure to be GF Oats)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup nut butter (I used half peanut and half almond butter)
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup or honey
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1 small or 1/2 large zucchini, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (Dairy-Free option: use DF chocolate chips, like Enjoy Life)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine oats, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Combine nut butter, maple syrup/honey, bananas, and zucchini in another bowl.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Add pecans and chocolate chips and mix just under combined.
- Using a medium-sized cookie scoop or large spoon, scoop out cookies (about 2 tablespoons each) onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Press them down a little to flatten them, since they won’t during baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Freezer Meal Instructions: To Freeze: Once cookies are completely cool, store in a freezer ziptop bag or other freezer container. To Prepare: To thaw, let sit out for a few minutes on the counter or microwave the cookies in 10 second increments until defrosted.