This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
I love this easy healthy breakfast idea: Chocolate Chip Zucchini Breakfast Cookies. These healthy make ahead breakfast cookies are great fresh or also as a freezer meal.
Zucchini for breakfast!? Yep. And bananas, oats, and nut butter, too. All in one transportable, super nutritious, tasty COOKIE.
My kids fight over these things, friends. In fact, I usually double this recipe and freeze more for future breakfasts, snacks, and even lunch box treats.
If the zucchini scares you off, though, simply leave it out or try our traditional breakfast cookie recipe. But, I really think your people might go for it if you give it a try.
Did you make this? Snap a photo and tag us on Instagram at @thrivinghome so we can see your creations and cheer you on!
- 2 1/4 cups oats (for gluten-free, be sure to be GF Oats)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup nut butter (I used half peanut and half almond butter)
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup or honey
- 2 large bananas, mashed
- 1 small or 1/2 large zucchini, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips (Dairy-Free option: use DF chocolate chips, like Enjoy Life)
Before You Begin! If you make this, please leave a review and rating letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business thrive & continue providing free recipes.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine oats, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Combine nut butter, maple syrup/honey, bananas, and zucchini in another bowl.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Add pecans and chocolate chips and mix just under combined.
- Using a medium-sized cookie scoop or large spoon, scoop out cookies (about 2 tablespoons each) onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet. Press them down a little to flatten them, since they won’t during baking.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
Freezer Meal Instructions: To Freeze: Once cookies are completely cool, store in a freezer ziptop bag or other freezer container. To Prepare: To thaw, let sit out for a few minutes on the counter or microwave the cookies in 10 second increments until defrosted.
If you liked this recipe, you might like these 10 other recipes that use up ripe bananas. You’ll never throw away brown bananas again!