These low carb, high protein, kid-friendly egg bites are a great grab-and-go breakfast. Make ahead for the week and warm them in the microwave each morning.
- 8 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk (any type will work)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons minced fresh chives (sub: fresh basil or parsley)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4–5 pieces of cooked uncured bacon, chopped into bite-sized pieces (This is where we get our favorite uncured bacon free for life!*)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Generously grease a mini muffin pan.
- In a glass measuring cup with spout, whisk together the eggs, milk, chives, salt and pepper.
- Carefully fill each muffin cup about 3/4th of the way full with the egg mixture. Divide the bacon and cheese evenly among the muffin cups, sprinkling them on top.
- Bake on the center rack for about 13 minutes, or until eggs are just set in the middle. Remove to a cooling rack and let cool for a few minutes. Run a butter knife around the edges of each egg bite and gently remove each one to the cooling rack.
- Once cooled, store in an air-tight container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator. To warm up later, microwave in 10 second increments just until warmed through. Do not overcook or they will become rubbery.
*Affiliate link, but opinions are all ours. We both use and love Butcherbox.