Double Chocolate Zucchini Bread. A delicious and healthy twist on normal zucchini bread with a few healthier substitutions that will not impact the flavor of this bread.
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil (can sub vegetable oil)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease one 9×5 loaf pan.
- In a mixer, combine oil, sugars and vanilla. Mix in eggs and shredded zucchini.
- In a separate bowl, mix flours, salt, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder. Slowly mix this dry mixture into your wet mixture. Beat until combined. Mix in chocolate chips.
- Move the batter to your prepared loaf pan, and bake at 350 degrees for 55-65 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center. Remove from oven and cool in pan for 10 minutes before cooling on a wire rack.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
After bread is baked, let cool completely. Slice the bread but keep it in the form of a loaf. By slicing it, you can thaw out one or two pieces instead of the whole loaf. Wrap loaf in saran wrap and then in foil. Store in freezer for up to 3 months.
Thaw individual slices of bread in refrigerator or microwave.