Easy dinner idea that doesn’t take long to make and makes for great leftovers later.
- 1–2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- 1/2 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup diced portobello mushrooms
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef (here’s where we get our meat)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons softened butter
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- In a medium skillet, warm oil to a medium heat and saute bell peppers, onions and mushrooms until they begin to soften, about 5 minutes. Add garlic in and cook about 30 more seconds. Set veggies aside.
- In the same pan add the ground beef and cook over medium heat until there is no longer any pink showing. (I like to keep the ground beef kind of chunky.) Stir in salt, pepper and Worcestershire.
- Add in the veggies and stir until everything is combined.
- On the inside of your bread, place a slice of cheese down, scoop about 1/3 cup of the beef mixture on top of that and then top with another slice of cheese. Butter the outside of each piece of bread and place it on a skillet. Cook over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes until the outside is browned and cheese is melted.