With only 5 ingredients, you can create this deliciously simple Honey Dijon chicken marinade in no time.
This marinade amount works for 1 1/2 – 2 pounds of chicken breasts.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
Make It Now:
- Add the oil, vinegar, honey, Dijon Mustard, and salt to a gallon-sized freezer bag, seal, and shake. Either seal and refrigerate until ready to use, OR add 1.5-2 pounds chicken to the bag, seal, and squish around to make sure the chicken is covered in marinade. (Freezing instructions begin here.)
- Place the bag in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Cook the chicken however you’d like (grill, slow cook, pressure cook, or bake). See tips below in the Notes.
Freeze For Later: Follow step 1. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Prepare From Frozen: Thaw, using one of these safe thawing methods, and follow Step 3. No additional marinating time needed once it is thawed!
How to Know If Chicken Is Done: Chicken is done when it reaches 165°F internal temperature. (A digital meat thermometer is a must to help cook chicken perfectly.)
How to Cook Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts:
We get our meat from ButcherBox. The chicken is organic and curated from trusted farms. We highly recommend this service to source healthy meat–like uncured bacon, wild salmon, and grass-fed beef–and have used it for years ourselves.