You had me at 5 ingredients! That’s right. This Honey Dijon Chicken Marinade only requires 5 pantry staple ingredients for a delicious sweet and savory result.
*Disclaimer: We are an affiliate of ButcherBox and have included links in this post.
INGREDIENTS IN HONEY DIJON CHICKEN MARINADE
Marinating chicken is THE key to infusing flavor into typically lean, bland poultry cuts. This simple Honey Dijon Chicken Marinade requires only 5 pantry staples to turn that lackluster cut into something super tasty!
Let’s meet the key ingredients…
- Olive oil – Keeps things moist.
- Apple cider vinegar – Cider vinegar adds a delicious twist on the acid component of this marinade.
- Dijon mustard – There isn’t too much in this recipe, but it’s enough to give it that signature Dijon flavor.
- Honey – This all natural sweetener balances out the tartness from the vinegar and mustard.
- Salt – A must in any chicken marinade.
HOW TO MAKE AND STORE THE MARINADE
You can mix up this marinade and store it in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in a jar to use when ready. Or, you can freeze it in a mason jar, too, but allow at least 1 inch of headspace at the top for expansion.
When ready to use the marinade, pour it over chicken in a zip-top bag or container with a lid. Let it marinate for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours to infuse flavor. If you plan to freeze the chicken in the marinade, do not let it marinate first.
Then, grill, slow cook, pressure cook, or bake your marinated Honey Djion Chicken. You choose your method! We’ve included instructions for how to cook boneless chicken breasts any of these ways in the recipe below.
IDEAS FOR SERVING HONEY DIJON CHICKEN
Idea #1: A La Carte with Sides
Idea #2: Salad
Slice the cooked chicken and serve on salad with our Honey Dijon Vinaigrette.
Idea #3: Sandwich
Grill and serve on a whole grain bun with your favorite cheese, lettuce, tomato, and condiments. Add bacon to take it over the top!
MORE CHICKEN MARINADES YOU MUST TRY
Try some of other other favorite healthy chicken marinades to mix things up:
- Lemon Garlic Chicken Marinade
- Cilantro Lime Chicken Marinade
- Balsamic Herb Chicken Marinade
- Asian Sesame Chicken Marinade
- Southwest Chicken Marinade
- The BEST Savory Chicken Marinade
With only 5 ingredients, you can create this deliciously simple Honey Dijon chicken marinade in no time.
This marinade amount works for 1 1/2 – 2 pounds of chicken breasts.
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
Make It Now:
- Add the oil, vinegar, honey, Dijon Mustard, and salt to a gallon-sized freezer bag, seal, and shake. Either seal and refrigerate until ready to use, OR add 1.5-2 pounds chicken to the bag, seal, and squish around to make sure the chicken is covered in marinade. (Freezing instructions begin here.)
- Place the bag in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Cook the chicken however you’d like (grill, slow cook, pressure cook, or bake). See tips below in the Notes.
Freeze For Later: Follow step 1. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Prepare From Frozen: Thaw, using one of these safe thawing methods, and follow Step 3. No additional marinating time needed once it is thawed!
How to Know If Chicken Is Done: Chicken is done when it reaches 165°F internal temperature. (A digital meat thermometer is a must to help cook chicken perfectly.)
How to Cook Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts:
We get our meat from ButcherBox. The chicken is organic and curated from trusted farms. We highly recommend this service to source healthy meat–like uncured bacon, wild salmon, and grass-fed beef–and have used it for years ourselves.
Want to Stock Your Freezer with 6 Meals in 1 Hour?
Try our SUPER POPULAR 1 Hour Freezer Prep sessions. We give you everything you need to throw together 6 delicious, family-sized freezer meals in just 1 hour! Anyone can do it with our simple instructions, organized shopping list, and pre-filled out freezer labels.