This simple side dish will turn your broccoli-hater into a broccoli-lover! Our 3 ingredients Oven Roasted Broccoli is DELISH!
Friends, take me seriously when I tell you that cooking broccoli this way will convert your family into broccoli eaters. Want proof?
- My husband who has turned his nose up at broccoli his entire life now scoops a generous portion of this onto his plate.
- My two-year-old repeated the phrase, “Mo brockwy” at least five times when we served this at dinner for the first time.
- When we went to a tailgate a few days later, the same two-year-old passed up the chips and other junk food for a handful of raw broccoli (thinking it would taste the way I made it.) She wasn’t too happy when she took a bite to find out it didn’t have the flavor of the oven-roasted goodness.
I don’t think I’ll ever go back to steaming broccoli. We are oven roasted converts.
The Three Simple Ingredients in Oven Roasted Broccoli
This side dish is incredibly easy. To be honest, I don’t even measure the ingredients any more. Once you get the feel for it, you will be able to make it intuitively as well. The ingredients you’ll need are:
- Broccoli – using fresh is far better than roasting it from frozen. BUT from frozen will work in a pinch.
- Olive oil – another great option is avocado oil.
- Sea salt – I have for sure used table salt, kosher salt, and even garlic salt and they all work.
How Long do I Roast the Broccoli?
This really depends how crispy you want your broccoli to be. Anywhere from 13-18 minutes will have it done. I like mine pretty charred so I error on the longer side. If it’s not browning up like you want it to, you can always broil it for a minute or two at the end!
How to Store and Reheat Roasted Broccoli
Like most leftovers, you’ll want to store your roasted broccoli in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
To reheat, I highly recommend using a toaster oven or your oven. If not, the reheated broccoli will be pretty soggy and sad.
What to Serve with Roasted Broccoli
Roasted broccoli would be a great side dish for SO many meals. Here are a few ideas:
- Any grilling recipe or our Pan-Seared Steak
- Beefy Baked Ravioli
- Slow Cooker French Dip Grilled Cheese
- Pork Tenderloin
Oven roasted broccoli is the perfect side dish for your next meal. It is perfectly crispy, does not get soft, and has fantastic flavor because of the olive oil and sea salt.
- 2–3 heads of broccoli, cut up
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- Cut the florets off of your broccoli and put them all in a ziplock bag
- Add 1/4 cup olive oil and a pinch of salt
- Shake it up until broccoli is coated with oil
- Spread broccoli out on greased baking sheet
- Cook at 450 for about 13 minutes.