- My husband who has turned his nose up at broccoli his entire life now scoops a generous portion of this onto his plate.
- My two-year-old repeated the phrase, “Mo brockwy” at least five times when we served this at dinner for the first time.
- When we went to a tailgate a few days later, the same two-year-old passed up the chips and other junk food for a handful of raw broccoli (thinking it would taste the way I made it.) She wasn’t too happy when she took a bite to find out it didn’t have the flavor of the oven-roasted goodness.
I don’t think I’ll ever go back to steaming broccoli. We are oven roasted converts.
It is SOOOO easy too. Want to make your own?
Oven roasted broccoli is the perfect side dish for your next meal. It is perfectly crispy, does not get soft, and has fantastic flavor because of the olive oil and sea salt.
- 2-3 heads of broccoli, cut up
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- pinch of sea salt
- Cut the florets off of your broccoli and put them all in a ziplock bag
- Add 1/4 cup olive oil and a pinch of salt
- Shake it up until broccoli is coated with oil
- Spread broccoli out on greased baking sheet
- Cook at 450 for about 13 minutes.