- ½ cup packed cilantro, chopped
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Juice of 2 limes (about ¼ cup)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 3 pounds chicken breasts
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 (13 ounce) bag of tortilla chips
- Your favorite nacho toppings (i.e. diced avocado, salsa, chopped tomatoes, chopped cilantro, black beans, sour cream, shredded lettuce, etc.)
- In a small bowl, whisk together cilantro, soy sauce, honey, olive oil, lime juice, garlic, cumin, salt, and red pepper flakes. (Freezing instructions begin here.)
- Place the chicken into the pot and pour the marinade over the top.
- Lock and seal the lid. Cook for 7 minutes at high pressure and then quick release the pressure, or until chicken is cooked through. (Chicken is done when it has no more pink inside and/or registers 165°F internally.) Remove the chicken and shred.
- Cover two sheet pans with parchment or foil for easy clean up. (Or, cover one pan and work in two batches). Spread out half of the tortilla chips on each pan. Top the chips on each pan evenly with half of the shredded chicken and 2 cups of cheese.
- Working one batch at a time, broil on high for 2-3 minutes or until cheese has fully melted.
- To serve, top with additional fresh toppings, as desired. Serve immediately.
Freeze For Later: Follow Step 1. Place the marinade and the chicken in a one gallon freezer bag or container with lid. Seal and freeze. (Make sure to not stack the chicken.) In a separate bag, freeze the shredded cheese. Freeze together as a kit. Prepare From Frozen: Note: You will need the chips and fresh toppings on hand to serve. Thaw. Place the chicken and the marinade in the slow cooker, reserving the cheese for the end. Follow Steps 3-7 except cook for 15-20 minutes with a quick release, until chicken is cooked through. (Chicken is done when no longer pink inside and/or registers 165°F internally.)
If you have an 8 qt Instant Pot, add 1/2 cup water or chicken broth.