- 1 ½ pounds medium boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning (p. ?)
- 2 cups of mild salsa (or medium, if you want a little more heat)
- ¼ cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 2 small limes)
- ⅓ cup of chopped cilantro
- Half a bag of tortilla chips
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional Toppings: avocado, sour cream or plain Greek yogurt, shredded cheese, salsa, lime wedges, fresh chopped cilantro, chopped tomatoes
- Season all sides of the chicken with taco seasoning. (Freezing instructions begin here.)
- Place chicken, salsa, lime juice, and cilantro in the pot and give it all a stir. Lock and seal the lid. Cook for 7 minutes at high pressure and then quick release the pressure. (Check to make sure the chicken is done, which means no more pink inside and/or registers 165°F internally.)
- Remove the chicken from the pot and either shred it, using two forks, or dice it. Place the chicken back into the juice. Stir it around so it picks up a lot of that flavor and stays moist.
- Preheat the broiler. Cover a sheet pan with parchment or foil for easy clean up. Spread out the tortilla chips on the pan. Top the chips evenly with the shredded chicken (use a slotted spoon to drain excess liquid) and the cheese.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes or until cheese has fully melted.
- To serve, top with additional fresh toppings, as desired. Serve immediately.
Freeze For Later: Follow Step 1. Place seasoned chicken, salsa, lime juice, and cilantro into a gallon-sized freezer bag or round container. (Make sure to not stack the chicken.) Seal and freeze alongside a bag of shredded cheese. Tip: Set the freezer bag in a bowl in the freezer for a few hours to help it freeze in the shape of the Instant Pot.
Prepare From Frozen: Note: You will need chips and your favorite suggested toppings to complete this meal. Turn on the Saute function. Saute the frozen meal for 5 minutes to release some liquid. Press Cancel. Follow Steps 2-6, except cook for 15-20 minutes with a quick release.