Mini Chicken Burgers with Herbs are kid-friendly, healthy and tasty! Freezer meal instructions included. This meal is a winner dinner again and again!
- 2 pounds ground chicken (sub: ground turkey)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs (recommend: whole wheat Panko breadcrumbs; *for Gluten-free option see note below)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- Optional: cheese slices (i.e. provolone, cheddar, mozzarella)
Make It Now:
- In a large bowl, use a fork or your hands to gently combine the ground chicken, garlic, parsley, oregano, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Form the mixture into 16 small patties.
- Place the bread crumbs in a shallow dish. Coat each patty in the crumbs on both sides; set aside. (Freezing instructions begin here.)
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat until shimmery. Add some of the patties (try not to overcrowd the pan) and cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, until browned and cooked through. They are cooked through when there is no longer any pink inside or they reach 165°F internally. (Note: If the patties brown before they’re cooked through, reduce the heat to medium-low, cover the pan, and continue to cook for a few minutes more.) Repeat this step with the remaining oil and patties.
- Serve the chicken burgers a la carte or on mini buns with a cheese slice on top, if desired.
Freeze For Later: Follow Steps 1-2. Place the patties on a parchment or wax paper lined baking sheet in a single layer and set in the freezer to flash freeze for about an hour. After they are frozen, transfer to a large resealable bag and store for up to 3 months.
Prepare From Frozen: Thaw the patties overnight in the refrigerator. Follow Steps 3-4.
*For a Gluten-Free Option: Coat the mini chicken burgers in almond flour or gluten-free breadcrumbs.