Oven roasted asparagus is the easy veggie side your family will happily devour. Prepare for requests for seconds!
- 1 pound asparagus
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil or olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt (or more to taste)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper (or more to taste)
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges (garnish)
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated (as garnish)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and snap off tough bottom ends of asparagus.
- Place asparagus in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet and toss with the oil, salt, and pepper.
- Bake for about 8 minutes, depending on the thickness of the spears. Shake the pan once or twice during the cooking time for even cooking.
- To check for doneness, prick with a fork. Asparagus should be crisp-tender. It will continue cooking even when removed from the oven, so don’t overcook it.
- Squeeze a little fresh lemon juice over the top and sprinkle on some freshly grated Parmesan cheese. Enjoy immediately.