One of my favorite, family friendly dinners: Baked Chicken Fajita Recipe–Freezer Friendly.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2–3 Chicken Breasts, cooked and diced
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning Make your own)
- 1 small-medium green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small-medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can of corn (or 5–6 ears of roasted corn)
- 1/2 cup prepared salsa
- 1.5 cups shredded cheese (mozzarella, cheddar cheese or Monterey jack are good choices)
- 8 medium Tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Coat a 9×9 casserole dish and a 9×12 dish with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and saute 1-2 minutes. Add in bell peppers and continue to cook until they start to soften (about 5 -7 minutes).
- Once onions and peppers are softened, add the cooked chicken, corn and salsa.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning over all of it and toss until seasoning has covered the mix.
- Remove from heat.
- Lay out a tortilla and sprinkle some shredded cheese on it.
- Add a generous half cup of chicken filling. Wrap the filling up and place into baking dish.
- Repeat until you run out of filling.
- Spread a generous amount of cheese on top of the fajitas.
- Bake at 400 for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Freezing instructions: Assemble recipe as instructed but do not bake. Freeze in airtight container. Thaw out in fridge for 24 hours before baking as directed.