A healthier version of the simple, comfort food classic that delivers every time!
- 6 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 can/small box (15 ounces) organic cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 ounces stuffing mix
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed or ground chia seeds
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 casserole pan with cooking spray.
- Spread diced chicken over the bottom of the pan.
- Top chicken with cream soup evenly.
- Sprinkle cheese evenly over the casserole.
- In a bowl, mix stuffing, flax/chia, water, and butter. Spread over the top of the casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is done (white throughout) and corners are bubbly.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
Put casserole together and freeze it before baking. When you’re ready to cook it, let thaw in the fridge over night. If it’s still slightly frozen in the middle, you’ll just have to cook it longer than the recipe calls for or defrost a bit in the microwave before baking. Cover it with foil if the top gets too brown in the oven.