This family favorite is super easy to make, made with real food ingredients, and also freezer friendly.
- 4 cups (about 1.5 pounds) fully-cooked chicken, shredded or cubed (where to find meat you can trust)
- 1 jar (28 ounces) of marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded or grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup panko or whole wheat bread crumbs (Here is how to make your own)
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- fresh, chopped herbs (parsley, basil, oregano, etc), to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8×8 casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Layer the chicken in the bottom. Dump in the marinara sauce and mix with the chicken. Next, top with both cheeses until all the chicken is covered.
- In a small bowl, mix the breadcrumbs, olive oil, fresh herbs and a dash of salt and pepper together.
- Sprinkle the seasoned breadcrumbs over the top.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until golden on top and bubbling on the sides.
Freezer Meal Instructions:
To Freeze: Put casserole together and freeze it before baking.
To Prepare: Let it thaw in the fridge over night. If it’s still slightly frozen in the middle, you’ll just have to cook it longer than the recipe calls for or defrost it a bit in the microwave before baking. Cover it with foil if the top gets too brown in the oven.